Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 11 and there is a large plum in my belly

I was kindly reminded that it's time to do another blog post ... oops. I swear, some days I need a personal assistant to remind me of all the things I am supposed to remember!

Yesterday, our little Jehoshaphat turned 11 weeks old and my mom was sure to wish him/or her a happy becoming a fetus day! Our baby is officially on its way to becoming a human! I feel like this is a big milestone and therefore, we should throw a party. Any takers?

My symptoms are pretty much the same as usual, morning sickness, afternoon sickness and evening sickness. But we went to a new doctor this week who are thrilled with. He gave us lots of options for medicine and other things like genetic testing so we feel much more comfortable with him. The best part of the visit was hearing our little one's heartbeat. I'm still pretty early in pregnancy, so it was a outside chance we were going to hear it, but there it was! The doctor took the doppler and searched around for a bit before the baby cooperated. Being the non-doctors we are, Rick and I both thought we heard it a few times, but were then informed that was just my blood. Dang blood!

The doctor was totally right that the first trimester is the hardest, because you know you are pregnant, but you have no physical signs of it other than you feel crummy. That little whooshing sound solidifies my role as a mother and reassures me that it's still in there causing trouble :) The doctor had us record it, because like good parents we didn't even think to, so now I listen to when I feel down or sick.

This weekend is a busy one with OU/Texas and a girl's night with the youth! I love getting together with people, so I am uber pumped! I'm counting down the days until I get to go see my girls at OU and my family in Garland.

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for .......... we find out what the baby is Nov. 30! Everyone has been guessing a girl, but it's still up in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment