Wednesday, September 28, 2011

And baby makes three!

I've decided to keep everyone updated with the randomness that is Rick and me by posting every once in awhile on this blog. Hopefully, I won't bore you too much since I do write for a living, but maybe you've stopped reading after the first sentence. If not, thanks for your attention!

I was trying to chose a background for the blog, and the beach theme that came up is totally appropriate. For everyone that doesn't know, we live about an hour from the beach in Alice, Texas. We don't get to go stick our toes in the ocean very often, but I'm hoping that will change once the weather gets cooler.

Rick and I have lived here since May, because he took a position at the First Baptist Church in Alice as Associate Pastor/Youth Minister. I was lucky enough to find a job as a reporter for the Alice Echo-News Journal. We've been married for a little over a year and found out in August that we are expecting a baby! The due date is April 25, just five days after my birthday.

This first trimester has been pretty rough. Around week 6, I started having terrible morning sickness and was put in the hospital for severe dehydration. Rick said I like being in the hospital, and truth is, I did. After not being able to keep anything down for a week, it was nice to just relax and have water given to me through an IV.

Our baby entered the 10th week of growth today and I'm super excited to see its little profile on our next sonogram! Rick thinks it's going to be a boy and I'm thinking girl, so in 10 weeks, one of us is going to be disappointed. Not really. We are that stereotypical couple that just wants a healthy baby :)

I'm headed up to the church in a bit to hang out with the youth, which is my absolute favorite part of the week. I challenge you to try to feel old after hanging out with these guys for a couple of hours. Rick has some hilarious games planned for the kids, so I fully expect my sides to hurt from laughing.


Tomorrow's Thursday! One day closer to the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment